RE: Oracle Backup

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:39:07 -0400

Only if your cloning a database. Otherwise no.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kean Jacinta Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:35 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle Backup

Hi ,

I am not very about this, I know that every database created it will save those system,indx,tablespace,temp file into oradata folder. I am wondering is that possible to just create a similar database by just copy all this system,indx,tablespace file into the new database oradata folder?

Thank in Advance.

JK

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>