RE: mismatch between v$process and v$session

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:13:28 -0400

Yes, They are sessions that have died and the external client has dropped off the face of the earth. Can be caused by a number of reasons, CTRL-ALT-DELETE being one of them. Have your Unix admin look at the configuration of the Unix kernel. It would appear that TCPKEEPALIVE is not set. If possible have him set it to something like 5 minutes.