RE: low blocks/read on temp

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:58:47 -0700

Dave,

Just wondering how you measured the avg blocks per read (I might be too dense and missed something...) In any case, the largest I/O that the OS can service is determined by the 'maxio' parameter (or its equivalent in Tru64). Normally, this is 64K, but I believe this can be tweaked up to 1MB. So, even if you set a unnaturally high DBFMBRC, the OS will limit what it provides back... Steve Adams has a script at his site that measures the actual DBFMBRC, but I belive that goes against non TEMP data...

Hth,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc