RE: DB Movement from Sun to AIX ?

From: David Wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:43:35 -0400

Someone was posting earlier about an upgrade problem with changing character sets when switching to a new oracle database. It seemed that the import/export process was a big part of the problem, that internally, Oracle was ok about 8-bit characters in an ascii database.

I wonder if this approach would help get around that...