Estimate versus Compute

From: Kevin Lange <klange_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:46:33 -0500

Evening all;
  We are starting to have issues with our analyze routines running too long on our databases.

We are trying to come up with a plan that says "At X number of rows and Y cardinality, start running with Estimated Statistics".

Does anyone have any guidlines on this at all that I could read/lookat/use ?

Thanks

Kevin