Re: ksh select value into variable from v$ view

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:03:36 +0200

It seems that you cannot comunicate with the Oracle instance via ipc on uwin(I don't know what it is:)),
try it via OracleNet:

sqlplus system/manager_at_PRO9IGP

HTH
Dimitre Radoulov

Thank you.

I have installed both uwin and cygwin at my home machine on WIndows.

I am able to log into Sql plus from cygwin, while trying to log into sqlplus from uwin generates the following error:

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sun Jul 24 12:44:32 2005

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: system
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

I tried modifying the path ( adding most of the path in cygwin), set
$ORACLE_SID in ksh and so on, but still same problem.

The thing is ksh is able to see Oracle running:

$ ps -ef | grep ora

  daemon 54912 7040 03:14:38 ? 0 d:\oracle\ora92\bin\ORACLE.EXE PRO9IGP

    root 9984 25856 12:43:09 ? 0 "D:\oracle\ora92\bin\sqlplusw.exe" <---- Windows sqlplus

    root 52736 9346 12:53:38 tty10 0 grep ora

Thanks,
Ram.