RE: How To Find Reapeating Row Patterns

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:23:16 -0400

Ethan

What constitutes a pattern? What makes it a success?

Does A,A; AB,AB; ABC,ABC; ABCD,ABCGD?

How about A, followed by 1000 other records and then A again?

Seems to me the rules need to be defined a little better. I get the feeling that this is a science all in itself. I wonder if regular expressions could help here.

Tom

From: sol beach [mailto:sol.beach_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 12:15 PM
To: Post, Ethan
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

If each line below is supposed to be a separate record in a table, please keep in mind that in any RDBMS the order in which rows are returned
is indeterminate, unless ORDER BY clause is specified on the SELECT!

On 7/21/05, Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net> wrote: [...snip...]