Re: Recovery Scenario

From: <rjsearle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:03:34 +1000

We just did this, and you must be careful. We did a restore until cancel as we lost every disk in the pack, however this resulted in an incomplete recovery. we therefore had to open the database resetlogs. this is a oneway step. when you do this you then must perform a reset database in RMAN. also previous backups become useless so take 2 backups of the DB at this point for safe keeping.
 Russell
 PS what about your online redos? Are they OK? How did the crash happen and what is the extent of the damage to the DB?