Re: Opatch error

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:10:52 +0200

Only an idea, did you try to include the current dir in your PATH:

set PATH=%PATH%;.

HTH
Dimitre

  Hi Jorma,

  Thanx for the quick reply. I had done this only but then i was getting the said error : -

         E:\OraHome_1\2617419\OPatch>opatch apply

         Oracle Interim Patch Installer version 1.0.0.0.53
         Copyright (c) 2005 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved..

         We recommend you refer to the OPatch documentation under
         OPatch/docs for usage reference. We also recommend using
         the latest OPatch version. For the latest OPatch version
         and other support related issues, please refer to document
         293369.1 which is viewable from metalink.oracle.com

         Oracle Home = e:\orahome_1
         Location of Oracle Universal Installer components =
  E:\orahome_1\oui
         Location of OraInstaller.jar  = "E:\orahome_1\oui\jlib"
         Oracle Universal Installer shared library =
  E:\orahome_1\oui\lib\win32\oraInstal
         ler.dll
         Location of Oracle Inventory Pointer = N/A
         Location of Oracle Inventory = E:\orahome_1\inventory
         Path to Java = "E:\orahome_1\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe"
         Log file = e:\orahome_1/.patch_storage/<patch ID>/*.log

         The patch directory area must be a number.

         ERROR: OPatch failed because of problems in patch area.
         OPatch returns with error code = 170

         E:\OraHome_1\2617419\OPatch>

  Any idea?????????

  On 7/21/05, Jorma.Vuorio_at_nokia.com <Jorma.Vuorio_at_nokia.com> wrote:     Ave !

    At least in Unix, when You unzip the patch package, it creates a     directory which is same as patch number.     Then You should go to that directory and THERE run optach.

    HTH
    Jorma

           We are trying to install OPatch on Oracle Portal DB for the sake
    of exp-imp. As oracle says that this patch is required to install bug     which is there for Oracle Portal DB. But its giving the error. Can     anyone throw some light on this.

[...]

           TIA
           --
           Thanks & Regards,
           T. Onkar Nath