Re: A brief doc on 10046 tracing

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:37:17 -0400

Hi Robin, if you want an honest opinion about notes, I can give you one, and I expect be useful :).

I think you need some examples and share some experience, I recently was breaking my head to optimize a query, and the problem was in the view the condition was wrong, and I didn't found that in the trace file I analyzed.

So even when I don't scorn short explanations. To be useful, if you want to do something interesting for dbas, you must cover every point more deeply and share your experience in every point and with interesting examples.
If you have to write a 15 pages pdf, then do it, but if you want to do something you can find better in documentation, I don't think you should waste your time.
Good luck