Anyone found a way around this???

From: Khemmanivanh, Somckit <somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:39:46 -0700

I performed a copy of the ORACLE_HOME from SID1 to SID2 ( and re-linked all the executables, etc..). This is for a test DB.

As you know, when you go to patch SID2 the oracle inventory is not valid and OUI doesn't want to patch SID2. I've heard there is a way to force the OUI to patch SID2 anyways, but haven't been able to find it.

Anyone found a way around this??? Worse comes to worse, I'll just re-install the Oracle binaries to create the inventory.

Thanks.