Re: Re[1]: How to change to new ORACLE_HOME while upgrading to 9.2.0.6 ?

From: <jo_holvoet_at_amis.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:09:56 +0200

But the point is you can do it beforehand; You do NOT have to upgrade a database to 9.2.0.1 and then upgrade again to 9.2.0.6.

You install 9.2.0.1 and then upgrade the software (not a database) to 9.2.0.6.
The migration of your database can then be done from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.6 without going through 9.2.0.1.

mvg/regards

Jo

                      Prem
                      <premjhere_at_gmail         To:      jo_holvoet_at_amis.com
                      .com>                    cc:      oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>, "Hallas, John"
                                               <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
                      07/19/2005 12:06         Subject: Re: Re[1]: How to change to new ORACLE_HOME while upgrading to 9.2.0.6 ?
                      Please respond
                      to Prem

Hi Jo,

note 214887.1 says :
=> Install Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 2 (9.2.0.1) in new ORACLE_HOME
=> Install 9i Release 2 Patch Set (9.2.0.6) .........

So this doesn't mean a direct 9.2.0.6 installation. Hope you agree with me.

Thanks & Regards,
Prem