Re: Win2K /4GT - Request for imagecfg.exe utility

From: Charu Joshi <joshic_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:01:58 +0100

Thanks Giovanni and Niall.

The entry in boot.ini reads :

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" /fastdetect /3GB

The server has been rebooted since then.

And still we start getting 4030 when the Oracle.exe process size reaches around 1.8 GB (shown in perfmon). So it looks like just setting the /3GB flag won't help.

I found the following note on Microsoft site which concurs with Giovanni, that the /3GB setting applies to Win 2k Advanced Server or higher. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/memory/base /4gt_ram_tuning.asp

Giovanni (or anybody else), have you tried this setting on Wink 2K server? If you are quite certain that this works only with Win 2K Advanced Server or higher, then I will start looking for other options.

Meanwhile please send the utility if possible.

Thanks & regards,
Charu Joshi.