Data Guard licensing

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:34:13 +0200

Hi,
we have 9i (9.2.0.6) Standard Edition and as the alert.log states [:o)] Oracle Data Guard is not available in this edition. We plan to mount a second instance in standby and setup a custom procedure to apply the redo logs. As we have to use the standby syntax "alter database create standby controlfile as ... " and "alter database mount standby database" to mount the secondary instance, I was wondering if this is correct regarding the Data Guard licensing? Is it "permitted/authorized to use a SE in this way?

Cheers,
Dimitre Radoulov