[Q] RMAN backup as one big file problem?

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:22:38 -0700 (PDT)

We have ORACLE 9.2.0.6 on LINUX server. The database have 4 datafiles

   system
   undo
   data
While we doing RMAN backup we specify "backup database filesperset=6;", RMAN does NOT backup all 4 datafiles to one big file. It backup system, undo and data files as one file. It also backup index as another file.

Does their has way to make RMAN backup all datafile as one big file?

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?