Re: BIN$ objects (after media recovery)

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:43:12 +0200

Hi Lex,
I agree that this solution is drastic, but we monitor our production systems with BMC Patrol (with recyclebin the CPU is always on 100% because of the tablespace free space check).

"if your database is properly sized ..."

We are an outsourcing company: many clients, many sistem integrators, too much third party/custom code and load/functionality changing every day, it's really hard to size properly these systems.

"to disable a nice feature in an unsupported/undocumented way ..."

Why undocumented? See Note:265253.1: 10g Recyclebin Features And How To Disable it( _recyclebin ).

Cheers
Dimitre Radoulov