Re: Win2K /4GT - Request for imagecfg.exe utility

From: Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cuccu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:10:02 +0200

Hi,

   I done this check one year ago but with Oracle 9i and I discovered that the executable was enabled to address more than 2gb. The problem was the os, win2000 server (not advanced server, or other versions) could not assign more than 2gb of memory for user process. Even if the process can address 4 gb of data the other two are reserved for kernel structures. the /3gb switch suggested by Jared works only if you have window 2000 advanced server or a more powerful version, not with the "simple" server one.
Hope it helps,

   Giovanni

P.S. I found the utility in technet cd

On 7/18/05, Charu Joshi <joshic_at_mahindrabt.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have our production database (8.1.7.4) hosted on Windows 2000 Server. Of
> late we are frequently experiencing ORA-4030 errors, because the Oracle.exe
> process footprint grows close to 2 GB.
>
> I came across metalink notes 46001.1 and 116076.1, which mention a way to
> configure Win2K OS, so that a process can grow upto 3GB, instead of the
> original 2 GB. This requires a utility called imagecfg.exe. This is supposed
> to come with the Server Supplement One CD of Windows 2000 Server.
>
> I checked with our hardware people but they don't have the CD. I googled for
> the utility, but the versions found did not have the '-l' option that is
> required for this task.
>
> So may I request you to send the utility directly to me in a ZIP file
> archive, if you happen to have it? Also, if you have used this utility
> before, please care to share your experience.
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Charu.

Another free oracle resource profiler
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oraresprof/
New version 0.8 with many bug fixes
and warnings on file truncated, timed_statistics=false, incorrect
tracing deactivation and more