RE: "wait for scn from all nodes" wait in RAC

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:46:40 -0400

KG,
Thank you for the explanation. The MCPD is set to 0, a recommendation from Oracle for the 11i databases configured for RAC. Am I correct to conclude that because this is a synchronous process, the speed of the interconnect plays an important role in this activity and the more nodes you have in RAC the more will the impact? We are using three gigabit private interconnects between the nodes. The Veritas LMX module also multiplexes the traffic over interconnects, so I am assuming that in theory, our interconnect speed is fine and should not be a bottleneck. But what else could cause this process to slow down and show up as among the top five?