RE: Database Control on AIX 5L Requires xServer in EM 10g

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:52:34 -0700

Qaiser/Marco,

Both products need to be able to manipulate bit mapped graphics - DB Control to display graphs and Oracle Reports server for bit-mapped reports - and that requires an X-Server on UNIX/Linux. You can use Xvfb - Google for it: It is simple to setup, but requires root access.

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I Jn 4:18

From: Q A I S E R [mailto:qrasheed_at_gmail.com] Sent: donderdag 14 juli 2005 21:52
To: oracle-l

AIX 5.3 (64-bit)
OEM Database Control 10.1.0.4
JDK 1.4.2 Metalink Note:282615.1 states "OMS on AIX 5L Requires xServer in EM 10g". I have a TAR going on with Oracle. Per Oracle analyst we need to keep XServer running for the agent as long as the dbconsole is running. This means DB Control is dependent on the client from where it was started. Shutting down the client from where X emulator was running, will bring DB Control down.

I find this hard to believe that a monitoring product is dependent on X emulator. Has anybody experienced this?

Qaiser

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jul 15 2005 - 13:54:39 CDT