RE: Monitoring Interval Granularity (iostat)

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:21:25 -0700

Mohammed,

Keep in mind that the *first* line of iostat (and vmstat for that matter) is always the average since the last OS restart. My understanding is that iostat/vmstat loading would be minimal and a minute's interval should be fine. DO you use a SAN or NAS? If so, you might also consider their inbuilt tools.

All the best,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)