Re: Re: Automatic tuning of db_file_multiblock_read_count ???

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:49:37 +0800

Its something you can do just as easily on v9 - we've done it here and had some good results to date

  1. set db_file_mu... to 128 in your spfile (where 128 equates to the max IO for your OS)
  2. set mbrc to "n" in system stats (we went for 16, but its just a case of finding what's best for you)
  3. ensure MREADTIM is greater then SREADTIM so that mbrc is picked up

hth
Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"