Re: Materialized view question

From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:29:32 -0400

Jared,

Thanks for the reply. As I understand a complex MV is one where the select query is something like:

select * from t1_at_db1
union all
select * from t1_at_db2
union all
select * from t1_at_db3;

However problem with this is, if any of the remote database is down, then the whole query will fail and none of the refresh will happen. I am tentatively looking at collecting the data from 10 or so databases in to a single database. I was trying to create 10 MV (for 10 remote tables) on a single pre built table to get the data.

Any ideas!!

Thanks

Sandeep