Re: RMAN DB recover re-applying archive log *URGENT*

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:25:01 +0100

You could probably have saved yourself some trouble by perusing the manual - think of it as the Hitchhikers Guide to the Database. (Don't Panic)

>From the recovery manual:

(Raj, are you there? Notice the use of Perl in the docs. ;)

Uncataloging and Cataloging Archived Logs: Example

In this example, you first move all archived logs to a temporary directory and then uncatalog them:

HOST 'mv $ORACLE_HOME/oradata/trgt/arch/* /tmp/arch'; CHANGE COPY OF ARCHIVELOG ALL UNCATALOG; EXIT;  From the UNIX command shell you use Perl to create a command file that contains a CATALOG command for each archived log:

% perl5 -e '@files=</tmp/arch/*>; foreach (@files) \ ? {print "CATALOG ARCHIVELOG '$_'\;\n";}' > $HOME/rman.cmd

 Finally, you start RMAN and run the command file to catalog the relocated logs:

% rman TARGET / @$HOME/rman.cmd

--
Jared Still