RMAN DB recover re-applying archive log *URGENT*

From: <rjsearle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:45:16 +1000

Hi list,
 we are recovering a database from an old backup. the most recent backup failed but after we got the archived logs from the tapes.  We also restored the RMAN catalog from the earlier backup.  So we began recovering the database and it stopped as we had archived logs that were not known to RMAN.
We have restored the latest version of the RMAN catalog and are about to recommence recovering the DB. I think RMAN will try to "reapply" the older archived logs. Is this correct? will this work?  Thanks
Russell