RE: BLOB Data Type

From: Johnson, George <GJohnson_at_GAM.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:40:42 +0100

        Just my tuppence worth, but it might be beneficial to get some good background on the various LOB types, before you simply start storing data. You will then be able to make the best choice of LOB for the job and get the most benefit from Oracle.

        You should be able to quickly get a good feel for LOB technology from the various Oracle concepts guides.

        Rgds

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
To: zettira_at_lycos.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:24:02 -0400

> *B*inary *L*arge *Ob*ject is a datatype that lets you hold raw binary
> data upto 4GB (or more if you are on 10g). for example I could store a
> PDF or a MS Word file in a blob column then define that as a *long
> raw* datatype on Forms and use that to display stored document in oracle
forms.
> Raj
>
> On 7/12/05, Maverick Gaulet <zettira_at_lycos.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > what is BLOB data type in oracle and how to activate it from form
> > developer 6i.
> > Thanks for answer.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Mave
> >
> > --
> > NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple
> > dating sites at once.
> > http://datingsearch.lycos.com
> >
> > --

> ------------------------------
> select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =
> 'MANDATORY';

once. http://datingsearch.lycos.com

for the individual or entity named.  If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
This message is provided for informational purposes and should not
be construed as an invitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or
related financial instruments.
GAM operates in many jurisdictions and is
regulated or licensed in those jurisdictions as required.