unix - calc file descriptors

From: Sean Hull <shull_at_iheavy.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:12:52 -0400 (EDT)

I'm wondering how to calculate the number of file descriptors Oracle will use on Unix. Obviously there will be one file descriptor for each file, and for each socket (connection through listener). How about for IPC connections? How about for Oracle processes (oracle executable file)? I'm assuming device files aren't counted, as the OS or root user has those mounted & open.

Perhaps someone could point me to a document, or metalink reference which details this.

Thx.
Sean

--

Sean Hull, Senior Consultant

Heavyweight Internet Group		Rockefeller Center, Box 5352
http://iheavy.com			New York, NY 10185
voice: 646.827.9877x23			fax: 646.827.3434

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter - HIG Best Practices http://www.iheavy.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

Sean is author of "Oracle and Open Source" http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracleopen/
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jul 11 2005 - 13:14:54 CDT