Re: How to startup oracle9i without using windows services

From: Vlad Sadilovskiy <vlovsky_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:41:19 -0400

I wonder if you know why this person needs what he/she asks for? And of course you can and will use any undocumented means if you are in need. For instance, Oracle puts start up script/link in /etc/rc*.d folders on *ix boxes. Will you always consider starting/shutting Oracle instances with those scripts? Why is the Windows any different?

In this (software,hardware) world you can do anything if you know how it works. The only question whether it is really necessary to use undocumented means.