RE: Compile Procedure with Synonym/Dblink Oracle 9.2

From: Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:16:48 -0500

The synonym/link points from a 9.2 database, which points to a synonym/link in a 8.1.7 database, which points to a table in a 7.3.4 database.

I found that if I create the tables in the 9.2 database, I can get the proc to compile. Then I delete the tables which leaves the synonym/link.
The proc stays valid and runs as it should.

Jumping through hoops, but what else can you do with legacy systems?

Ron