RE: High Availability -- True 7x24x365

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:20:22 -0700

>>>I personally have a tough time swallowing this bitter pill
>>>(after just asking our DBAs to get us to 10.1.0.4 and
>>>prepare for RAC!) but maybe sometimes we ourselves are
>>>responsible for the threat of downtime.

This post hit the nail on the head. The term "early adoptor" means just that. Anyone have any nagging outstanding bugs with 8.1.7? Didn't think so.

I think there is a big difference between new features you (the customer) wants and features that Oracle wants you to have. They don't always intersect and over the last couple of years, usually don't intersect.

Kevin Closson
Chief Architect, Database Solutions
PolyServe