Re: Why the monstrous SORT?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 01:21:06 +0100

Hmm, got off track there didn't I?

You were asking about the high number of sorted rows as compared to the actual rows.

The merge cartesian may have something to do with it.

Are you joining on all the key columns?

I have to admit I have not looked at this SQL too closely, but there are a couple or cartesian merges that may be causing it.

On 7/7/05, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> That would be due to the group by.
>
> See the following demo.
>
> 16 rows returned from the SQL.
>
> 46000 rows processed.