RE: library cache load lock

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:27:17 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Venu. THis database got some issue and had to brought down and up . When the database brought down, it was taking so much time that we finally nedd to abort and this happen three time today and look like that this result in some recovery or other issue that is taking such lock. As the database backed up, all job queue process are taking all pending jobs and all are shown with this lock in v$session_wati and hanged there from last three hours. Hopefully it will be clreared by the end of the day and in the meantime will work on metalinK as well as oradebug command suggestion

Thanks

"Potluri, Venu (CT)" <venu_potluri_at_ml.com> wrote:

I had this problem recently in our Oracle Applications database. Had a TAR open with Oracle Support and they proved to be useless, as it happens more often than not. I couldn’t get them to give me a sure fire way to identify the session causing the others to wait on this event. There is a doc on metalink that describes how to troubleshoot this. The name escapes me but search on something like “how to troubleshoot library cache clock”. Everytime I saw this wait event, I took a system state dump and looked at the trace file which could help in identifying the offender. It was largely a futile exercise as I could never identify the offender in two weeks using what Oracle had given me. Good luck.