Re: library cache load lock

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:00:58 -0700 (PDT)

Jared

Thanks for quick reply. I had no record in both blockers and Waiters view. I had killed the session appeared in DBa_jobs_running and even killed the snp_process and now I am not getting any snp process started even the Job_queue_process are 8.

ANy suggestions. Lock are still same for all sid appeared in Dba_jobs_runing and appeared in v$session_wait

Thanks
Sanjay

Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:
Have you examined dba_blockers/dba_waiters to see which session is causing the contention?

Maybe it needs to be killed?

We have a similar issue at times with a misbehaving app. The processes on the app server dies, leaving a lock on a table.

TCP being what it is, the database never knows that the client process has died, and we ( meaning me) must go kill the process.

Yes, I have a potential work-around for that, still waiting for user testing.

Jared

On 7/6/05, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:I have several of these shown in the v$session_wait. Any idea as what need to be done. SOme of the them are linked to mine Job QUeue process. So all 7 Job processa re hanged and each have is showing this lock

TIA
Sanjay

Do You Yahoo!?
Jared Still