RE: ASM disk group

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:35:00 -0700

> I do not recommend that you use this command, but it did work
for the test server on which ASM was installed.

> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda5 bs=1024 count=64

Being a Linux disk name and had at that, you are at least a bit safer than if it was /dev/sda. With the typical bare-bones stripped down clusters some are deploying RAC on, I encourage all to make sure that /dev/sda is pointing to the same physical disk on all nodes of the cluster before doing this. Remember, Linux is not very cluster-aware and the device-slip problems typical of legacy unix clusters of the early 90s can still plague a linux cluster. That is, if you are on a bare-bones, stripped down Linux cluster ...

:-)