RE: help in streams setup

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:56:21 -0400

Bill,
 Thanks for the hint.
How did exporting from one database and then back correct the problem? didn't the import set the table up correctly the forst time? Thanks,
Ron

>>> William B Ferguson <wbfergus_at_usgs.gov> 07/06/05 1:34 PM >>>
I ran through that same article a few weeks ago myself, and kept having all kinds of problems. It turns out that I was skipping a step, where I had to export from database "A", import into database "B", then export database "B' and import into database "A". Only then did everything work correctly. Eveidently the (apparent) duplication of steps, just reversed, are necessary to get the SCN's synced between both instances.

However, I did it with an entire schema, not just a table as you appear to have done. Not sure if this would make any difference or not.

Bill Ferguson
U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team PO Box 25046, MS-750
Denver, Colorado 80225
Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321 Fax (303)236-4208