Re: help in streams setup

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:53:48 -0400

Koen,
 Thanks for the hints.
 According to the article I don't think that I need to set the instantation for the table because it has loaded from an import. Perhaps it is because it was load from an import rether than created from an import that the problem exists. I will continue to attempt other methid to get it working as i have over 100 tables I want to repliucate. Thanks,
Ron

>>> Koen Van Langenhove <Koen.Van_Langenhove_at_siemens.com> 07/06/05 12:59 PM >>>
Hi Ron,
I'm not a streams expert, but I once tried the setup as described in the article you mention. It was 9ir2 db, not 10g as in the article.

In your scenario, I'm missing the part where you set the instantiation number for the table, as described in step 11 of the article.

Other suggestions:
- DBA_APPLY_ERROR lists valuable information - since you set the disable_on_error parameter for the apply process, it should stop and leave a tracefile in bdump when it encounters an error, the tracefile might be interesting
- I solved a permission problem in my configuration by enabling sql_trace for the strmadmin sessions through a logon-trigger

HTH,
Koen

--
Regards,
Koen

Siemens  COM
COM D MN A

Phone : +32 14 25 3000
Email : Koen.Van_Langenhove_at_siemens.com
Unix IS user-friendly .., it's just quite picky about its friends.