help in streams setup

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:49:25 -0400

List,
 After printing and getting confused with the "Oracle Streams Replication Admin Guide", I have been following the article "Making Data Flow" by Sanjay Mishra published in the Oracle Magazine Nov/Dec 2004.

SOURCE database REDHATDB.GLC tnsnames REDHATDB-TCP DESTINATION database LINUXDB.GLC tnsnames TESTBOX-TCP Step I have taken>

SOURCE and DESTINATION databases
 FLASHBACK ON
GLOBAL_NAMES = TRUE
STREAMS_POOL_SIZE = 209715200 Created a tablespace streams_tbs size 200 M

Created a user strmadmin identified by strmadmin default tablespace streams_tbs temporary tablespace temp quota unlimited.

granted connect, resource, dba to strmadmin.

As SYS on SOURCE and DESTINATION database.

begin
dbms_streams_auth.grant_admin_privilege( grantee => 'strmadmin',
grant_privileges => true);
end;
/

grant select_catalog_role to strmadmin;
grant select any dictionary to strmadmin;

As STRMADMIN on SOURCE database created the database link.

connect strmadmin/strmadmin_at_redhatdb-tcp create database link linuxbox.glc
connect to strmadmin idenfified by strmadmin using 'testbox-tcp';

As STRMADMIN on DESTINATION database created the database link.

connect strmadmin/strmadmin_at_testbox-tcp
create database link redhatdb.glc
connect to strmadmin idenfified by strmadmin using 'redhatdb-tcp';

as STRMADMIN on the SOURCE and DESTINATION database. exec dbms_streams_adm.set_up_queue();

on the DESTINATION database
created the table ARCHTEST that I want to replicate using streams.

grante all on ARCHTEST to strmadmin;

On the SOURCE database as the table owner.

alter table ARCHTEST add supplemental lof data (all) columns;

At the SOURCE database export the table ARCHTEST and import into the DESTINATION database.

As STRMADMIN on SOURCE database.

begin
 dbms_streams_adm.add_table_rules (
table_name =>'ARCHTEST',
streams_type => 'capture',
streams_name => 'capture_stream',
queue_name => 'strmadmin.streams_queue', include_dml => true,
include_ddl => true,
inclusion_rule => true);
end;

begin
 dbms_streams_adm.add_table_propagation_rules ( table_name =>'ARCHTEST',
streams_name => 'redhatdb_to_testbox',
source_queue_name => 'strmadmin.streams_queue', destination_queue_name => 'strmadmin.streams_queue_at_linuxbox.glc', include_dml => true,
include_ddl => true,
inclusion_rule => true);
end;

as STRMADMIN on the DESTINATION database.

begin
 dbms_streams_adm.add_table_rules (
table_name =>'ARCHTEST',
streams_type => 'apply',
streams_name => 'apply_stream',
queue_name => 'strmadmin.streams_queue', include_dml => true,
include_ddl => true,
source_database => 'REDHATDB.GLC',
inclusion_rule => true);
end;

As STRMADMIN on SOURCE database.

begin
 dbms_capture_adm.start_capture(
capture_name => 'capture_stream');
end;

as STRMADMIN on the DESTINATION database.

begin
  dbms_apply_adm.set_parameter(
apply_name => 'apply_stream',
parameter => 'disable_on_error',
value => 'n');
end;

begin
  dbms_apply_adm.start_apply(
apply_name => 'apply_stream');
end;

The article indicates that I should be complete in my setup on the source and destination databases but I do not see any changes in the ARCHTEST table on the destination database when I make changes to the data in the source database. Is there a step that I missed or set up incorrectly? I would like to get this working so I can replicate changes to 100 plus tables from production to my test database.

Thanks for any direction that is offered. Ron