Multiple 11i instance in 10g OID.

From: OraDBA <yoursraju007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:32:15 -0400

Hi All,

I have added second 11i(11.5.10) instance to OID for SSO(10g ). After adding the second instance in OID, users which are common in both the 11i instances are not able to login thru SSO.

Unique users are able to login thru SSO successfully. But if the same user exists in the other 11i instance, the following error is thrown

" The username or password you have supplied is invalid. Please try again"

I have check the following log file in 10g AS infra:

$ORACLE_HOME/sso/log/ssoServer.log file, the following errors are logged there

Wed Jul 06 09:13:34 EDT 2005 [ERROR]
AJPRequestHandler-ApplicationServerThread-34 Could not get attributes for user, abcdef
oracle.ldap.util.UtilException: Multiple Users found with Simple Name = usaribu
        at oracle.ldap.util.Subscriber.getUser_NICKNAME(Subscriber.java:1054)
        at oracle.ldap.util.Subscriber.getUser(Subscriber.java:820)

Looks like there are some users in both the 11i instance , with the same name... Has anybody worked on multiple 11i with OID...

Any pointer / document / reference would be highly appreciated.

I have created a tar yesterday, still no response... but I hope I will get some repsonse here... :)

Thanks
AD