DOD security

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:31:03 -0400

Good morning all;

We are in the process of complying with the IRS security regulations, This is a requirement since our systems contain IRS data. They have adopted the regulations as designed by the DOD as outlines in 'Database Security Technical Implementation Guide Versio 7 Release 1' . Has anyone implemented the requirements for an Oracle Database? If so, would you be willing to share your implementation plan with me? We are running Oracle on AIX boxes. Specifically, I would like to know if you use Oracle auditing and if so what are you auditing. If you are using the OS for auditing we would like to know the how's and how to's about this too.

We do have a security log built into our application and this should cover some of the requirements. However, it might just be easier to implement Oracle auditing on the entire database.

If anyone would be willing to answer specific questions off list that would be a help too.

Thanks in advance,

Ruth Gramolini
Oracle DBA
Vermont Department of Taxes