Re: datafile permissions

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:22:39 -0700

Might one inquire _why_ you want to do this, especially if the "before" file permissions are the result of your normal database creation process? I too cannot see any immediate problem to running 'chmod' on Oracle datafiles "on the fly", but is there a reason for incurring even this small risk?

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com

raja rao wrote:

> Also can someone give me the insights what will happen when i do the chmod
> at os level and at oracle level how it things go.
>
> "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com> wrote:
>
> I have done this without taking anything offline. Try it on a test
> DB - your mileage could vary.
>
> See the man page: http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?chmod

[...]