Re: more HTMLDB fun...

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:00:21 +0100

My .conf hierarchy goes as follows.
 $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/apache/conf/httpd.conf which at the bottom contains a reference to $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/apache/conf/oracle_apache.conf which contains a reference to
$ORACLE_HOME/Apache/apache/modplsql/conf/plsql.conf which contains a reference to
$ORACLE_HOME/Apache/apache/modplsql/conf/dads.conf which is where my dads are configured.
 My first step from the error message you've got would be to step through the chain of conf files making sure they were all referenced correctly.  The next thing to note is that apache parses these files at startup time, so editing the files requires a webserver restart  $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin/opmnctl stopproc ias-component=HTTP_Server $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin/opmnctl startproc ias-component=HTTP_Server  should do that.
 $ORACLE_HOME is the home for the web server in all cases - not necessarily the db server.
 clear as mud no?

 On 7/5/05, bill thater <shrekdba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> OK so the Apache httpd is up and running. i can connect and it show
> the expected pages that work in the expected ways. however if i put
> in the URL:
>
> http://<host>:<port>/pls/htmldb/htmldb_admin
>
> i get a page not found error. i looked at the log and they show that
> it's getting :
>
> [Tue Jul 5 07:44:46 2005] [warn] mod_plsql: /pls/htmldb/htmldb_admin
> HTTP-404 No DAD configuration found
>
> but i have both a dads.conf and marvel.conf file in place with the
> proper stanzas in them.
>
> can somebody throw me a clue?

> Bill "Shrek" Thater ORACLE DBA
> shrekdba_at_gmail.com