Re: Imp-ish behavior :)

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:57:43 -0700

It looks to be doing both - checking to see if the name is available, and then auto-generating a new one.

This reminds me of the time I tried to install some version of 8i without having X installed. I used the command-line options for runInstaller telling it to run totally silently and to take it's inputs from a file, following the manual. It probably would have worked, except that one of the first things the installer did was check to see if X was present and exit if it was not found. Even though it was running in a mode where X was not needed. Aggravating, to say the least! I haven't tried it again since then to see if it has been fixed; we just install X on all servers, with my sys admin grumbling all the way.

janine