Re: update a LONG column HOWTO

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:45:06 -0400

Use the sqlplus "copy" command.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a90842/apb.htm#634269

COPY {FROM database | TO database | FROM database TO database} {APPEND|CREATE|INSERT|REPLACE} destination_table [(column, column, column, ...)]
USING query

where database has the following syntax:

username[/password]@connect_identifier

Copies data from a query to a table in a local or remote database. COPY supports the following datatypes:

CHAR
DATE
LONG
NUMBER