Re: Linux Vs Solari

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:37:12 -0400

Pete Sharman wrote:

> Well, one thing you might want to take into account is that the DB,
> and some parts (soon to be all parts) of AS10g and OCS are now
> developed on RedHat. Means earlier access to code and less porting issues.

It's not that hard, either! Linux is at the same point where Solaris was with the version 2.6: mainly stable. I must say that I enjoy Linux more then Solaris because of its open source nature. Any chance that Oracle Corp. will publish a source of its database? Don't answer that, I believe I can come up with answer myself. It involves pigs doing Immelman manouvres.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA