RE: Unindexed FK Cause Deadlock or Only Share Lock?

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:10:51 -0600

Sorry, I missed the original link.

The page is old, but the information is as old as v6 (maybe earlier).

I cannot explain why there is a discrepancy with the types of locks seen, but for all of the 3rd party apps we run (Khameleon is one of them), the very first thing I do when we get any type of patch, etc. from the vendor is to test that all FKs have an associated index. This is missed so often that testing it is routine here.

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

From: Reidy, Ron [mailto:Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com] Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:58 PM
To: Post, Ethan; Allen, Brandon; Oracle-L_at_Freelists. Org (E-mail) Subject: RE: Unindexed FK Cause Deadlock or Only Share Lock?

http://www.zanthan.com/itymbi/archives/001548.html

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.