Re: experience with convert Dictionary managed tbs to LMT with dbms_space_admin

From: z b <zimsbait_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:57:26 -0400

One experience I had when using this, was it hosed our "homegrown" monitoring routine. The space calculations our sql script used (dba_free_space and dba_segments) to let us know if we had room to extend were out of whack, so I had to convert back to DMT. Later I recreated the tablespaces/tables using LMT's with uniform extent sizes.

Nothing critical, but it should be noted for your production monitoring.