Re: Compatible exports

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:27:11 -0700

The Unix utility "gzip" should give you much better (speed, size) results than "compress" and is also compatible with Winzip. There is even an optional command-line version of Winzip if some kind of batch process is called for.

Although not required, it might be helpful to use the FILE and FILESIZE options of EXP to break export into more manageable chunks, but I'm not sure if these existed for version 7.3.4..

oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org wrote:

> You should be able to use the Unix compress command, then FTP in *BINARY* mode to NT and use Winzip to uncompress.
>
> Regards,
> Brandon

[...]

--