Moving data to tablespace with new name

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:16:57 -0400

We want to move application data from one database to another. However, in the new database we want to change the tablespace names so that they follow a new naming convention. What is the easiest/most efficient way of doing this?

If we initially change the tablespace names and then try and do an import, won't the import fail?
Is there an easy way to create a new tablespace and copy everything into it and then drop the old tablespace?

The original database is 8.1.7.4. We want to try and copy into one 8.1.7.4 database and one 9.2.0.6. They original database is on a seperate server than the two new databases (the OS's are all Solaris).