Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:51:55 -0700

Actually, I have done this several times and it works just fine. You can no longer install 8i at all on recent versions of Linux, at least as far as I can tell, but I have had to copy it from an older server to a newer one and it Just Works (tm). I haven't tried copying over the dbf files - I re-run the scripts to create the database and go from there.

Yes, I know it's unsupported, but sometimes you do what you gotta do in the short term.

janine