Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:14:55 +0100

Maybe so, but your 8i database will be completely unsupported.

8i is not certified to run on any version of Linux.

See ML note 223718.1

Installing 8i on Linux is quite a lot of work, at least, it was the few times I have done it.

If your 9i app needs data from the 7 database, you may want to consider if you can push the data.

Version 7 can connect to version 9, just does not work when 9 tries to connect to 7.

Jared