Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:28:57 -0700

The first thing you are doing wrong is installing 8.1.7.

This version of Oracle can be rather difficult to install on linux.

You would be *much* better off installing 9.2.0.4 <http://9.2.0.4> and patching to 9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6>
(Or can 9206 be installed directly now? Check MetaLink/OTN )

See http://www.puschitz.com/OracleOnLinux.shtml

Jared

On 6/28/05, Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.
> I keep getting this message: The Java RunTime Environment was not found
> at bin/jre.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
> Ron
>

> Important Notice!!
> If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use,
> distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
> Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this
> message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.
> Thank you.

Jared Still